Friday, May 27, 2011

The B-List

"The year's at the Spring
And day's at the morn;
Morning's at seven;
The hillside's dew-pearled;
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on the thorn:
God's in his Heaven -
All's right with the world!"

- Elizabeth Barrett Browning


Portrait Study - William Adolphe Bouguereau, 1898


Some days, serendipity takes over and I don't try to fight it. I woke this morning and took a look at the "to do" list I jotted down last night before I went to bed, giggled, and thought, "why not?"

Are you a list-maker? I sometimes wonder what my brain would do if left to its own devices. I suppose it's more of a security blanket to me these days, but it's a habit I began in the stressful days of early motherhood, and it has served me well. Why mess with success, right?

Here's the list, as it lay on the antique washstand by my bed:

-- Blog (Birds' Battle of the Bands?)

-- Barnes ICU (Barrett-Browning for Josh)

-- Beauty Brands (brow gel)

-- Barbeque for Mon. (Brisket, beans, and potato salad. Need buns)

Well, I supoose I'll save the bird post for another day (though they have been deliriously happy lately), but the rest of the activities are still on.

My husband took me out to our favorite Mexican restaurant last night, and I enjoyed a fabulous margarita with my meal. I wonder if that had anything to do with my B-List?

I hope you enjoy a bit of serendipity in your day today!

Of course, I had to choose one of the "Three Great B's" for today's music (Bach, Brahms, & Beethoven), and I went directly to Brahms' "Violin Concerto in D Major, Op. 77," 1st Movement. This beautiful rendition is from violinist Henryk Szeryng and was filmed at the ORTF, Paris, December 1962 with conductor Paul Paray and the  Orchestre de la Société des Concerts du Conservatorie.

Short blog post = long music post, I guess. At around twenty-two minutes, you may want to allow it to play in the background as you work, but if you have the time, you will certainly enjoy observing Szeryng inhabit his instrument and his music. His posture, confidence, and assurance are equaled only by his stamina in this demanding movement.

Oh, one last thing...I'm sorry for the video quality. It's a BIT BLURRY.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visit makes my heart smile. Thank you.