Friday, June 24, 2011

Time to Play!

"Put all your soul into it, play the way you feel!"
- Frédéric Chopin


At this point, I'm uncertain who is able to read Smiling Heart, who is unable to comment, who is having trouble loading it, or who simply doesn't care anymore.

It's nearly time for my vacation, and so all these blog bugaboos actually come at the perfect time. Finding the silver lining again? Playing the glad game again? Oh, yeah.

I am Pollyanna, hear me roar.

Blogger and the universe have conspired to give to me the gift of a little time off, and I plan on using it to play around. This will be the last post from me for three weeks or so, or until I get the blog problems solved. I'll play around with things while I'm on vacation, and maybe revamp the whole blog (I'm kind of fond of the way it looks, now, though, so maybe not...what do you think?)

Who knows what the future holds?  I'm ready to play, and I'm planning on pouring my soul into it!

Of course, I leave you with my very favorite piece of music by my very favorite composer played by my very favorite pianist.

I recommend that you take ten minutes out of your day, sit with your eyes closed, turn the volume up so far that your bones vibrate along with the piano chords, breathe deeply, and absorb this melody into your soul.  Once each day while I'm away, please.  

I guarantee you will feel the passion.

Here is Vladimir Ashkenazy playing Chopin's Scherzo No. 2 in B flat Minor, Op. 31. It's long, it's passionate, and it's just perfect for the rest and relaxation that will soon come my way.

I hope you have some of that coming your way this summer, too. We all need a break now and then to just play. Pour your smiling heart and soul into it and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Andressa. What a beautiful name you have!

    I feel the same way about Chopin. I think he is the ultimate romantic, and his music brings me great joy.

    I've taken some time to explore your blog...it's absolutely exquisite! Thank you for stopping by Smiling Heart and bringing a bit of your beauty to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today, for some reason I remembered you and how much I enjoyed your posts, and thought I'd come looking. Missing you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm touched by your comment, Honora. I hope to blog again sometime soon. My life has changed dramatically (for the better overall) and spare time is always at a premium these days. I think of you quite often and hope you are doing well. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your well wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Your visit makes my heart smile. Thank you.