Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sacred Presence

"If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give."
- George MacDonald




Today I cannot help but think of a friend who has been like a sister to me for most of my adult life. We've raised our children side by side, and together we've laughed a million laughs and cried a million tears by now.

She is in pain today, and I am reminded of the sacred gift of her presence in my life, and mine in hers, when we've needed it.  She has cast many loving thoughts into my heart, and today, I wish to give her a gift "as the angels give."

You are loved, sister/friend. You have more friends than you can count. May you feel each one cast a loving thought into your gentle heart today, and bring you peace.


Weeping? And why? And why?
Ah, 'tis faith you are lacking
Hear me
One fine day we'll notice
A thread of smoke arising on the sea
In the far horizon
And then the ship appearing
Then the trim white vessel
Glides into the harbour
Thunders forth her cannon
See you? Now he is coming
- Exerpt, "One Fine Day"
from Madame Butterfly, Giacomo Puccini



This is the beautiful Renée Fleming singing the aria, "One Fine Day" from Puccini's "Madame Butterfly" as part of the "Power Opera" series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your visit makes my heart smile. Thank you.